Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day and the Ghost of Fatterhood Future

Howdy y’all,
                I will keep this one short and sweet. I have always considered myself a pacifist (i.e. coward), but I have never lost an appreciation for those that have fought and died for me to be a raging wussy. This Memorial day weekend I was able to spend the entire time with my in-laws. 8 adults and 3 children in a 1 bedroom cabin…yeah.
My brother-in-law left his #1 Dad Hat at the cabin.
"There can be only only one", so I must take
on the mantle!
                Anyways, we managed to have our longest trip thus far with Elizabeth. It was supposed to be about a 3.5 hour drive up to the cabin and it became about 4.5 hour drive with a stop for nursing. She actually did quite well. There was an insane amount of napping from the little Ewok. It was a very nice dry run for some of our longer trips that we have planned for the summer. Da Butt earned herself yet another nickname from our little niece who had a lot of trouble pronouncing Elizabeth’s name, so she is now know as A Little Bit! I won’t lie, it was super freaking cute. Our niece was just sooooo fascinated with Elizabeth. She constantly was giving us updates on Elizabeth’s condition. “Baby crying!” was said many times. My personal favorite was our niece yelling at the top of her lungs “SHUSH! BABY SLEEPING!”. Well, she had been at least.
But I did get a glimpse at the Ghost of Fatterhood Future while spending the weekend with a 2 and a 4 year old. I heard several things over the weekend with my nieces that I never thought adults would ever have to say. For instance…
“Stop licking the window!”
“Why is she wearing her socks on her hands?”
“She used the potty, give her a marshmallow.”
“Don’t eat the minnow!”

“Stop hitting her head!”
“Stop hitting your head!”

Man, maybe the infant stage is the easiest stage… dear lord. I will be updating a little later with some photos from the weekend as well. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment