Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure inebriation...

Howdy all,

I have had the majority of the written since last weekend, but last Saturday was my birthday and in true Fat-Dad fashion, I ended up being a total bag of turds on Sunday. Anyways...I have always had a very overactive imagination. Seriously, it is ridiculous. I get lost in my own little fantasy land all of the time. I have 3 prime examples to share with the group. But one requires a quick back-story. I am sure that several of you might have noticed that I haven't really ever said where I work. Due to the nature of my blog and my employer's rather strict social media guidelines, I can't use their real name. So let's just say that I am a phlebotomist for a blood collection agency called The Crimson Plus-sign...

When I first started at The Crimson Plus-Sign, I was extremely excited. I still am excited most days to go to work believe it or not. I spend too much time there now that Elizabeth is around, but that is for another post. Anyways...I have also always considered myself a very logical thinker, very interested in science, etc. But when I started at The Crimson Plus-Sign all of my adult, science based, logical thinking went out the window. Even though I didn't actually believe that it would happen, a deep part of me really hoped that I would show up to orientation and I would be let in on a secret. That vampires are real and that they use minions to collect their blood. I was highly upset when this wasn't the case. *Sidenote: Seriously, go give blood. Donated blood has effected my and Elizabeth's lives already, but again, that is for another post.

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I caught my mother putting presents under the tree when I was about 6 years old. But again, a part of me came up with this fantasy that he was actually real. My idea was that 1 dude couldn't make enough presents for the whole world forever, so once your kids got to a certain age, you had to tell them they he wasn't real. I thought maybe...just maybe, the day after Elizabeth was born that I was going to get a letter in the mail explaining the whole thing like a freaking letter from Hogwarts or something. I envision it being delivered by a flying penguin (I know there aren't penguins at the North Pole but penguins don't fly either! So shut up! This is my fantasy!) and it would be on North Pole stationary with "From the Desk of Santa Claus" on it. And when you open it, snowflakes would come out like confetti. Here I am, letter-less yet again.

Lastly, during my wife's labor I couldn't help but daydream about what it would be like if I had to give birth. I went through several different scenarios (none of them are pleasant and I would suggest that you try to block out any mental pictures that might arise). Like, what if I had the required plumbing? What if I could give birth with the current plumbing? Would I be able to handle the pain? I was witnessing the miracle of life right before me and all I could think about was "Man...if I had to push that through my ding-dong I am pretty sure I would pass out!". Dear Lord.

This overactive imagination can be a blessing and a curse. It is fun to visit these ideas, but I can easily be distracted. I do have new fantasies of Elizabeth and I watching Star Wars (she loves it by the way), going to concerts when she gets older, her meeting a dude that I really like too, grandkids, the works. I hope at least some of those become realities. And I want Santa to be real...  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment