Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Da Butt that made Milwaukee famous


Hey Gang,
As promised I will have to share the tale that was Elizabeth’s Milwaukee trip. Before I start this delightful yarn, I do have a small update. As of Monday, Elizabeth has started a new type of crying. I am attempting to get a good video of it, but it starts with a grin, then the face shifts to a eyes wide open look of shock/horror and her arms start moving back and forth (almost giving you the impression that she is excited) and she then proceeds to let out the most ear piercing scream/cry you have ever heard. I thought the type of crying she did 8 weeks ago was loud and high pitched…that shit was cute and soothing comparatively. This new cry reminds me of piglets getting clipped, a high pitched wail that makes it sound like my wife and I are trying to slowly murder her. HOW DARE YOU PEOPLE TRY TO HOLD ME AND COMFORT ME! Anyways, back to Milwaukee…
We left Friday late morning. I had to run in to work for a few hours and it was some sort of divine happenstance that I got home RIGHT when Elizabeth finished eating. I had loaded the car the night before so I loaded the ladies in and we were on our way. SHE WAS SOOOO GOOD! My god. My wife had to stop to pee more times that Elizabeth fussed. If she woke up we just played Old Crow Medicine Show’s Wagon Wheel or Coheed and Cambria’s Wake Up and we would sing along. Da Butt would almost immediately pass out. She might be the only person in human history to be soothed by my wife and I singing (it is actually similar to Elizabeth’s new cry in my opinion). She made the full 3.5 hour trip to the hotel with no problems. She woke up and started to fuss right as we took the exit for our hotel. Got to the room, she ate, she pooped, she napped, and then she was ready to rock again.
We meet some friends at a restaurant downtown (sidenote: If you are in Milwaukee, Fat-dad for sure suggests going to Stacked. Awesome burgers and amazing beer list!). I avoid using names of friends or family in this blog unless I have their permission so let’s call these friends Jack and Diane. Diane cried when she saw Elizabeth. Jack and I grabbed some beers and the wives caught up too. Da Butt ate there in the restaurant and again by divine happenstance, as soon as she was done our food came out. She sat like a good little Ewok in her carseat while all four of us got to eat together. We ended up trekking down to the Milwaukee Ale House and got a few rounds of drinks. There was a group of frat boys that Elizabeth couldn’t keep her eyes off of. My Fat-dad senses were going off at this point, until I noticed that all of these frat boys were waving at her and making goofy faces. It was actually pretty damn funny.
After a few rounds, it was decided that the butt needed to have her picture taken with Milwaukee’s most famous landmark…The Bronze Fonz! We walked the 5 or so blocks and got a stranger to take our picture with the beloved 50’s greaser. We walked back to the car and made our way back to the hotel. It was on the way home that Elizabeth had apparently had enough of being good. Nothing would comfort this kid! No song would soothe her. No pacifier would pacify her. Nothing. She got herself so worked up that she started with the big old crocodile tears. As soon as my wife got her in to our room she spit up. A lot. Like exorcist style. We got her cleaned up, got her changed and fed, and our friends came up to the room and we stayed up and chatted more while Diane rocked Elizabeth to sleep. We called it a night around 130am.
The next morning, Elizabeth was more her normal self. We ate, we napped, we basically chilled until my wife’s parents came up to the room. We got geared up to go to the game, we moved the carseat, and we made our way to the parking lot at Miller Park for the tailgating. Grandpa and Fat-dad did some grilling and smoked a few cigars while Elizabeth ate yet again. She was so well behaved yet again. She sat nicely in her carrier and slept even though it was hotter than Satan’s butthole outside. We made our way in to the park, but Fat-dad’s belt buckle set off the metal detector. Not saying that I would, nor would I condone anyone else attempting it, but it is really amazing what a person could get away with if they have a baby in their arms. The security person did a very half-assed tickle search and waved me through before Da Butt woke up.
Now, I did forget to say that this was Star Wars Night at Miller Park. My father in law goes in on season tickets with a few guys from his work and when he realized that he had the tickets for that weekend, he of course assumed that my nerdy ass was going to want to go. He went so far as to get an extra ticket up in the nose bleed seats so that I could get the limited edition Stormin’ Gorman Stormtrooper bobblehead! The game is obviously the same, but there are Star Wars/Brewer’s themed items everywhere. They do Star Wars names for the players and members of the 501st Legion Star Wars Costume Club were out in full…force (see what I did there?). I don’t know what amount of money it would require for me to dress up like Chewbacca in 92 degree weather…but it would have to be a lot. I managed to get Elizabeth’s picture taken with Chewbacca himself, and with a few assorted Imperial troopers. Needless to say…I was very excited.
Somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd inning, Elizabeth and my wife got very hot and it was going to get close to feeding time anyways, so the two of them and my mother-in-law decided to make their way up to the air conditioned club box. That left my father-in-law and I to sit and enjoy the game by ourselves, which was absolutely fine by both of us. At one point though there was a wild foul ball that went streaking right by my father-in-law’s head and hit the woman behind him! Couldn’t help but think about what I would have done if Elizabeth had still been sitting so close to us then! A few innings later there was yet another wild foul ball that came down right behind us and was caught by a Scout Trooper and promptly given to one of the young boys that was sitting in front of us. That was almost twice that my little Ewok was popped in the face with a foul ball!
Somewhere in the 7th inning, the girls came back to the seats and Elizabeth was just out like a freaking light. Braun hit a homerun and the stadium went nuts. Fireworks were going off and people were cheering and hooting. She slept right through it. Couldn’t believe it. Brewers beat the Mets and we made our way out to the parking lot where my father-in-law and I promptly lit up cigars and cracked open a few PBRs while we waited for the lot to clear out. Elizabeth fed in the truck with my wife and eventually ended up passing out right on the tailgate.
We left the park, and went out to dinner where she finally woke up. Changed her diaper in the men’s room and ended up with a conundrum…I also had to pee. I left her on the changing table, did my business, and then realized the strap on the table was broken so I couldn’t strap her in. She isn’t rolling around yet, but I just knew if I went to wash my hands that this would be the exact moment that she decided to roll over and off of the table. A dude came in and saw my situation and said, “Yeah…I remember that. I will watch her for you while you wash your hands.”. Thank God! We ate dinner right as a huge group of people were seated. All 4 of us got to eat in peace though because Elizabeth was simply enthralled by the people sitting next to us. She wouldn’t take her eyes off them. Don’t know what was so entertaining, but I am glad she was entertained while we ate at least.
Sunday morning, we made our way home. I had to tell you about her sleeping through the homerun because on the way home she was dead asleep, but I made the critical mistake of coughing. Not even a deep hack, a light little cough. Almost a throat clear more than a cough. And she woke up screaming. WTF?! She slept through 40,000 people yelling and fireworks, but Dad’s cough really ruined her Zen-like calm. Still, all things said and done, she was so good the whole trip. I had to wonder if while my wife and I were talking about having a child, my sperm started talking and were like, “The Fat Guy isn’t sure he wants kids right now, I think we should send Elizabeth first. She is the most well behaved and will trick him in to having more! Then we can send all of the shitheads after her!”. That has to be it…
Anyways, that was Da Butt’s adventure in Milwaukee. If you would like to see some more pictures or just join in the more everyday fun, you can like Fatterhood on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fatterhood  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment